“The first people I met at CityWest took the time to answer all my questions and seemed not only to be polite but also seemed to know their product. Well that was different. I cannot begin to say how glad I am I decided to subscribe to CityWest and do not hesitate to tell everyone I come in contact with about my experience with your company.”
Smithers / Telkwa
I don't have a dial tone on my phone modem. What do I do?
Follow these steps and refer to the diagram below.
Step 1: Check if the "Power" light is lit ('H" in diagram above).
- If it's not lit, check to make sure the modem is plugged in and the outlet has power.
- If it is lit, go to Step 2.
Step 2: Check if the "Online" light is lit ('E' in diagram above).
- If it’s not lit, check the coaxial cable connection from the modem to the wall. Ensure they are connected and tight. If they are, and you do not have a dial tone, please call 1-800-442-8664 and follow the prompts to technical support.
- If it is lit, go to Step 3.
Step 3: Check if the "Telephone" light is lit ('B' or 'C' in diagram above).
- If it’s not lit, phone service has not been provisioned on that line. Call 1-800-442-8664 and follow the prompts to technical support.
- If the light is blinking, there is a phone off the hook somewhere in your house. Find that phone and hang it up.
- If the light is lit, go to Step 4.
Step 4: Look at the back end of your modem, as seen in the diagram below.
- Check to see if the phone is plugged directly into the modem.
- Make sure the phone is plugged into the port labeled “Tel 1/2" ('A' in diagram above). If the phone is plugged in, try a different phone (make sure the new phone is a working phone).
- If a known good phone is used and you still don’t have a dial tone, try a different phone cable.
- If the phone still does not work, please call 1-800-442-8664 and follow the prompts to technical support.