“I have dealt with CityWest on many levels, as I am computer technician. Anytime I phone for assistance, I am helped and spoken to in a very courteous manner. If I had to go into CityWest personally, I am always greeted nicely, and if there is a line up, someone opens up a kiosk to lessen the wait time. They seem to be always striving to make improvements to all the services they provide to Prince Rupert. CityWest has also helped with local group fundraisers, and have been involved with many community events. They carry on doing so with great community spirit. I believe that CityWest is a great model for a community oriented business, and an integral part of Prince Rupert.”
Troubleshooting Terrace / Thornhill
I don't have a dial tone on my phone modem. What do I do?
Follow these steps and refer to the diagram below.
Step 1: Check if the "Power" light is lit ('H" in diagram above).
- If it's not lit, check to make sure the modem is plugged in and the outlet has power.
- If it is lit, go to Step 2.
Step 2: Check if the "Online" light is lit ('E' in diagram above).
- If it’s not lit, check the coaxial cable connection from the modem to the wall. Ensure they are connected and tight. If they are, and you do not have a dial tone, please call 1-800-442-8664 and follow the prompts to technical support.
- If it is lit, go to Step 3.
Step 3: Check if the "Telephone" light is lit ('B' or 'C' in diagram above).
- If it’s not lit, phone service has not been provisioned on that line. Call 1-800-442-8664 and follow the prompts to technical support.
- If the light is blinking, there is a phone off the hook somewhere in your house. Find that phone and hang it up.
- If the light is lit, go to Step 4.
Step 4: Look at the back end of your modem, as seen in the diagram below.
- Check to see if the phone is plugged directly into the modem.
- Make sure the phone is plugged into the port labeled “Tel 1/2" ('A' in diagram above). If the phone is plugged in, try a different phone (make sure the new phone is a working phone).
- If a known good phone is used and you still don’t have a dial tone, try a different phone cable.
- If the phone still does not work, please call 1-800-442-8664 and follow the prompts to technical support.